MD BSC FRCS(C)
Dr. Yasser El-Sheikh
Dr. Yasser El-Sheikh is a plastic surgeon practicing in Toronto. His clinical practice is in hand, wrist and peripheral nerve surgery, and cosmetic plastic surgery. He is a Clinical Instructor at The University of Toronto in The Division of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. El-Sheikh completing his Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology at The University of Waterloo. He earned his medical degree from McMaster University in 2004. He then completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at McMaster University and his Hand and Microsurgery Senior Clinical Fellowship at The Buncke Clinic in San Francisco in 2010.
Dr. El-Sheikh is a member of The Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons, The Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, The American Society for Surgery of the Hand, The American Association for Hand Surgery, and is a Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. El-Sheikh’s research interests are in peripheral nerve surgery and sport climbing injuries of the hand. His climbing sports medicine appointments include:
- Medical Officer and High Performance Committee Chair for Climbing Escalade Canada
- Member of the UIAA Medical Commission
- Founder/Director of The Canadian Climbing Medicine Symposium
- Founder/Director of Climbing Medicine Canada
- Medical/Strength-training Consultant for Joe Rockhead’s Climbing Gym in Toronto.
Dr. El-Sheikh has been sport climbing and bouldering for over 25 years, and continues to enjoy every opportunity to be outdoors with his wife, daughter and friends.